Thursday, July 5, 2012

Freezer Burritos


Okay this recipe also came from Pinterest and was also a winner.  It's not REALLY a recipe, it's just something I did not know.  I found it here.  Who knew that you could make ahead burritos, freeze them, and then just stick them in the microwave when you're ready to eat.  I guess it makes sense since you can buy freezer meals, I just never thought to make my own.  


Freezer Burritos:

Basically, I cooked a batch of rice in my rice cooker along with a can of diced tomatoes, one chopped onion, and a clove of garlic.  I made a batch of burritos using the rice mixture, black beans, refried beans, chicken, cheese and salsa.  Then I wrapped them up individually and stuck them in the freezer.  When we're ready to eat them, we'll just unwrap them and stick them in the microwave for 3 minutes.  Perfect!



1 comment: